vrijdag 18 februari 2011

Banana Citrus Marmalade

I reckon I could live on bananas if I had to. But who would have thought that bananas also were suitable for marmalade/jam cooking? Well, at least not me anyway. When I got the recipe, it sounded so exotic, I had to try it. Then I tasted it, and it was good.

A superb combination is nutty tangy cheddar cheese with banana citrus marmalade and toasted bread. But there are plenty of other ways to enjoy this marmalade. Use it in a Jam Roly Poly, spread it over waffles or use it as ice cream topping.

Banana Citrus Marmalade












INGREDIENTS:
approx. 700 ml

* 3 bananas (500 grams)
* 1 lime, juice and zest
* 1 lemon. juice and zest
* 2 cinnamon sticks
* 300 ml Dansukker Jam Sugar
* 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped

METHOD:
1. Peel and mash the bananas.
2. Put the mash in a stainless saucepan.
3. Add lime, lemon, cinnamon sticks and jam sugar.
4. Bring it slowly to a boil, stirring regularly.
5. As it begins to boil remove scum which is formed on top.
6. Boil for 5 minutes and remove the saucepan from the heat.
7. Remove the cinnamon sticks and add the chopped almonds.
8. Pour the marmalade into scalded jars, seal tightly and refrigerate.

I do not make marmalade very often, but with jam sugar I can make marmalades in just a few minutes. As well as sugar, Dansukker's jam sugar contains pectin - a natural gelling agent obtained from citrus fruits, and a preservative, potassium sorbate (occurring naturally in rowanberries).

When you attend a dinner party, you can show your appreciation, and bring the hostess, or the host, a gift of homemade banana citrus marmalade and a delicious cheese such as an aged cheddar.


acne no more acne no more review acne no more scam acne acne cure

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten