maandag 21 februari 2011

Introducing: More Make it Fast Cook it Slow

Today is the 362nd day of 2010.

I really don't know where the time went. This past year was a complete blur for me. 

I had a(nother) baby.
and I wrote a(nother) book.

Adam doesn't want me to post pictures of the kids on the Internet, so instead of a beautiful smiling baby face (and man, she really is a smiler!), you're stuck with the cover art of the book.

I wouldn't recommend having a baby and writing a cookbook all at the same time, but if you do, make sure you've got the best family in the world to help.

and a really big freezer.

Mike, who works at BarnesandNoble.com would like to remind you that you can use the Barnes and Noble gift card you got for a Holiday present online. He'd also like you to know that there is a NEW! not in the book! recipe for ribs (in the features tab) on BarnesandNoble.com and that this new cookbook is ONLY! $10.55! for a limited time only!!!!!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
an excerpt from the Introduction:

There are over 200 brand-new recipes in this book that have not been shared in the first Make It Fast, Cook It Slow cookbook.  I have separated the book into three sections: $7 and under, $10 and under, and $15 and under dishes. Within each section, there are chapters for beverages, appetizers, soups and stews, side dishes, main courses, and desserts. The main-course selections are bountiful, because I believe this is the most beneficial. 

I live in the SF Bay Area, which happens to be a terribly expensive place to live. The prices in this book are from my own hometown, from my own (regional chain) grocery store. I did not use coupons to purchase the food, although I did choose to buy items when they were on sale, and chose store brand items if the per-ounce cost was less expensive than that of the name brand.
Because of this, you may find that by shopping with the store circulars in your area, or by using coupons, or by purchasing meat in bulk at a warehouse store, you can find food at a lower price, and that my prices seem inflated. I'm okay with that! I'd much rather err on the side of overestimating the costs. 

In the past, many slow-cooker meals were made cheaply because they revolved around canned cream-of-something soup. While I do think there is a place in the world for condensed soup, this book does not have a single recipe that calls for this ingredient. My family doesn't use this product due to allergy and health concerns, and since so many recipes already exist with this key ingredient, I wanted to step away and prove to myself (and others!) that inexpensive slow cooker dishes can be made without it. I am such a sucker for a challenge. 

As in the first cookbook, everything has been prepared completely gluten-free. If you are not gluten-free, simply ignore my notes, or file them away in case you ever need to cook for someone with a gluten sensitivity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This book is a group effort. I could not have finished my Year of Slow Cooking challenge in 2008 without the love, support, and hand-holding each one of you have provided, and I certainly wouldn't have kept it up to unearth ANOTHER 200 recipes without your suggestions, emails, and comments.
Thank you.

I'm blown away by your generosity and support. I don't have any current plans for a booktour, but I'd really like to set up a roadtrip with the family over the summer. If I can finagle something, I will certainly let you all know.

If you can help with word-of-mouth publicity for this new book via facebook, a blog post, or something else, please let me know. The contact information for the publisher's publicist is up above in the "contact" section, or you can email me at crockpotlady AT gmail DOT com.

thank you again.

I'm not sure what this new year will bring, but I'm excited.

I'll keep you posted.



and last, just in case...



Have a joyful and prosperous New Year. Lots and lots of love.



acne acne cure acne no more acne no more review acne no more scam

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten