maandag 28 februari 2011

TACO BELL

I admit it, there are certain items that I really enjoy at Taco Bell. Yes, I know it's not authentic Mexican food, but when you like something, well, you overlook things like that. One thing I enjoy at TB is a warm condiment called red sauce. It is not the (cold) hot sauce that comes in a packet; it is the steaming hot red sauce that is served on their tostados and their Mexican pizza. This recipe is about as close to the original taste as you can get!!!
1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
1/3 cup water
� teaspoon chili powder
1� teaspoon ground cumin
1� teaspoons dry onion flakes
1 tablespoon white vinegar
� teaspoon garlic powder
� teaspoon garlic salt
� teaspoon paprika
� teaspoon white sugar
� teaspoon cayenne pepper

Mix everything and simmer (on very low) for 15-20 minutes. Serve hot. The "spice level" is very moderate if you use it right away. It is a little spicier if you let it sit in the fridge overnight.

Serve (as a hot condiment) with any Mexican food.



I like this as a dip for chips too.

NOTE: I was surprised to see that there is vinegar in this sauce (you can't taste it in the final product).

NOTE: I don't usually buy garlic salt. I just mix it up with 3 parts salt to 1 part garlic powder, stir well.



acne cure acne no more acne no more review acne no more scam acne

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten