zondag 6 maart 2011

Quick and Easy Caramel Apple Cider CrockPot Recipe



A friend of mine treats her kids a few times a week to a caramel hot cider at Starbucks, and my kids are were jealous and kept bringing this up each time we drove by the strip mall.

So I evened the score. I made a boatload.
and the kids WERE THRILLED.

save yourself $3.50, and dig through the cupboards. You can do this. It's super easy.

The Ingredients.
serves 4, (can easily be multiplied --use a larger cooker though!)
4 cups apple cider
3 tablespoons caramel syrup (the ice cream topping)
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
4 tablespoons sweetened whipped cream (optional; I leave it off for my kids)

The Directions.

Use a 2-quart slow cooker. Now this is sweet---I've modeled it after the stuff they serve at the store. After making it this way a few times, I've successfully cut back on the syrup without my kids (and their friends!) knowing---do what is right for your own family.

Mix it all in together---stir, and cook on low for about 4 hours. I like to put it on after I clean up the breakfast dishes and then leave it alone until our after-school snack. I've also made a large pot for Girl Scout events and  playdates. The kids really like it, and it's a nice change of pace from hot chocolate with marshmallows.

Leftovers refrigerate and reheat well (in the microwave).

The Verdict.

The only drawback to this recipe is that when we have caramel sauce in the house, it tends to get everywhere. Chris always says that she has an eighth child named "Not Me" who is the main mischief-maker in her home. "Not Me" is evidently to blame for sucking syrup right out of the bottle and leaving sticky fingerprints all over my doorknobs and couch cushions.
hmmph.

other coffee-house copycat recipes:


I've got a new interview with Erin Chase, the $5 Dinner Mom up on stephanieodeaTV. Erin is a great friend and a true mommy mogul. I appreciate the way Erin puts her family in front of her business and doesn't apologize for it. Ever. She's also got a brand new cookbook out!

have a great day!

2008 flashback:


acne cure acne no more acne no more review acne no more scam acne

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten